January 2, 2018
In early December, Workplace Alliance, as part of our core business, was asked to help increase output at a local diary.
One of our Engineers from Workplace Alliance went to site to evaluate the current process.
As part of that site evaluation the following items are identified and measured:
- Natural flow and identification of “bottle necks”
- Input optimisation
- Throughput efficiency (waste reduction)
- Output efficiency
- Operator awareness
- Training gaps
- FMEA – Failure Mode Equipment Analysis
A report was drafted and discussed with the client.
As part of adopting this report:
- The OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) has risen by 15% with the trend strongly maintained
- We have reduced stores inventory by 37% through means of standardising and different procurement arrangements.
- An updated training schedule has been drafted with an expectation of initiation in early 2018.
This was another successful project where Workplace Alliance worked with a client to optimise production and reduce costs.